Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Fine Friday

Friday, 10 June 2011 - A Wonderful Day! :)

Yaya's backyard
I slept till about 7, stayed in bed till 9, listening to the perfect neighborhood summer sounds (those early morning risers out mowing their lawn or playing with kids outside, dogs barking, cars quietly coming and going).  When I got up, Yaya had some coffee already brewed, so I poured myself a cup and we commenced some morning chatting.  I wrote yesterday's blog and caught up on some emails, then Yaya went to Whole Foods and got us some fresh hand made papusas. (Is this really the correct name for these South American yummies? They're almost like a flat corn pancake-like thing filled with meat, veggies, and cheese.)  We ate lunch outside in her cute backyard, talked some more, then I talked to my sister, Becci, for awhile on the phone, then my Petey, thennnnnn took a nap in the grass afterwards.  Yes, a nap in the grass! :)

Then....drum roll....the lovely Britt arrived from Colorado Springs.  Hooray! :)  We immediately set off for a jog and walk on the trails behind Yaya's house while doing our best to catch up on everything in each others' lives without hyperventilating from trying to run and talk at the same time.  It was great.  We finished up right around dinner time, so we decided we'd go to Qdoba a pick up some food for us and Yaya to munch on while watching the hockey game.  Qdoba, mind you, is less than a mile an a half away.  It took us 20 minutes to get there.  A conversation about rigamortis (but not really rigamortis....just another condition Britt was trying to describe that sounded like and is similar to, but is not in fact, rigamortis) was one of many distracting factors......that and a lot of laughing about many things irrelevant.  By the time we finally found Qdoba, we realized we'd been driving in circles around it for at least 10 minutes.

Back to the house for more talking, guacamole dipping, and hockey watching.  There were no men around, so it was ok for us to chat during the game  ;)  So, by the end of the game, we were quite cozy and decided against going out in Denver that night.  Plus it was storming outside....one of those quintessential summer storms where you can keep the windows open, listening to the rain and thunder, getting bits of cool breezes blowing in....  So, needless to say, we had a nice night in instead

Yaya, Britt,&I cozy on the couch watching the Stanley Cup


I headed up to bed and started reading "the Walk" by Richard Paul Evans.  Really enjoying it so far; taking mental notes on his writing style.  Just borrowing the book from Yaya while I'm here, so I'll need to buy my own copy when I get home and add it to my list of things I need to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment