Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Girl with Guts...and Goals

Oct 2007 - Military World Games - Hyderabad, India

GOTTA HAVE GOALS.....AND GUTS

1. Shift focus.  The last month I've been bogged (not blogged) down by moving (something like my 25th move!), settling in, socializing, Aussie Rules footballin', visiting family, and doing stuff with Breaux Company, my brother's fashion design line.  Now I need to focus on my publishing goals!
2. Write a book proposal (or two) by the end of June - if I do two, the main book I plan to submit to Christian publishers, the second book would be more in the historical/military/memoir genre.  Self publishing is still an option depending on what develops with my submissions to traditional publishers.
3. MUCH LATER - A third book, (very basically described) which would cover my world travels after I left full time Active Duty in the Marine Corps
4. July will pretty much be shot for any REAL writing because I'll be off in FL and Brazil playing soccer, but I plan to catch up on my journaling and get back in the habit of daily writing.  I need to re-exercise my brain! :)
5...Sarah, focus, back to your immediate goals! ;).....Once my book proposal(s) is/are done, edited, and submitted, begin writing the meat of the book beyond whatever chapter or two I may have submitted with the book.
6. Somewhat ambitious, I know, but shoot to have my book released on Veterans Day 2011.
7......because I plan to start my studies in Doctor of Chiropractic at Parker University in Dallas, TX in January of 2012.
8. Ultimately, remind myself daily to have the GUTS to stick with this!!  God put me on this path for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment