Friday, June 10, 2011

Angels In Denver

me thinks that light above Yaya's head makes her look like an angel...which she IS! :)
So after many a delay and a very bumpy flight (what's new?! I always seem to be bouncing through a storm or a tornado when I fly), I made it to Denver last night.  Pete actually dropped me off at the airport in Columbus around 6:30 so he could try to make it to the tail end of Aussie Footie practice (thanks, honey!), but then my flight didn't actually leave until after 9:30!  The three hours I spent in the airport weren't the worst I've had by far, but still not my favorite way to pass the time. Fortunately, my brain was buzzing with book idea STUFF, so I got comfortable at the little Wolfgang Puck cafe and pecked away on my netbook for awhile.  Got a good outline going for a shorter book idea I have and managed to even fill in some content of some of the chapters. 

Welp, Yaya was waiting with bells on for me when I arrived in Denver! :) (Yaya....aka Mama Theis....aka Cathy) is my dear friend, Caitlin's, Mom).  We didn't find each other at first because I power walked right by her hahahah but then we linked up at baggage claim and jumped in the car to go meet up with Aaron (Caitlin's oldest brother) and his girlfriend, Lisa.  Yaya and I were talking so much that we missed a couple turns!! :)  But eventually made it to Wyman's where we continued yammering away till nearly 2am with Aaron&Lisa whilst eating pizza, wings, and drinking beer.  Aaron (who I already knew from before) and Lisa are great! Too many things to chat about....from anthropology, to yoga, to geography, to history, to dogs-getting-hit-by-cars stories....  I couldn't have asked for a better night.

Love you, Theis's!!! :) :)  Wish the Spriggletts were here too, Caitlin.  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us borrow Peter for a little bit. Enjoy Denver. CO is by far my favorite state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was there with you! We will need to make another trip out to CO soon, so I can meet Yaya!

    ReplyDelete