Thursday, August 25, 2011

Creating Space... Continued

The Thinker "stumped"
Bariloche, Patagonia, Argentina
November 2009
It’s funny how seemingly unconnected things in our life can actually be intertwined. Yesterday I wrote a piece about the importance of space, speaking about it in relation to our bodies and minds; but writing spaceis essential, too.  The fact that I finally arranged a cozy nook in my apartment in which to write, dedicated solely to writing, with my journals stacked above me, my writing books stacked beside me, and Bailey Cinnabon-curled-up below me, has resuscitated my zestfor writing. I now have the physical writing space that gives me space to think! I'm so glad that I cleaned out the drawers, reshuffled the shelves, and organized a wanna-be-author friendly environment for myself earlier thisweek.  It was a small yet crucial step...and these days, I’m all about baby steps J

 

“It starts with this: put your desk in the corner, and every time you sit down there to write, remind yourself why it isn’t in the middle of the room.  Life isn’t a support-system for art.  It’s the other way around.” 
-Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment